Friday, January 21, 2011


A Conversation with Poet Laureate W. S. Merwin from The Kenyon Review on Vimeo.


Tonight, whilst working on a poem, I had a notion to re-read a poem in W.S. Merwin's collection The Shadow of Sirius called 'Rain Light'. It's a powerful and beautiful poem. I bought the collection on the basis of it when I read it in the New Yorker. By some weird coincidence I happened to come across this conversation with Merwin, at the very start of the interview he reads this very poem. What a delight to hear him read it!

3 comments:

Rachel Fox said...

Much enjoyed that poem. Thanks.
x

Owl Who Laughs said...

A powerful synchronicity. A magnetism in the fabric of fate.

Marion McCready said...

it's good isn't it, weirdly enough I'd even forgotten it was about his mother.

or maybe just a coincidence? lol :)