Wednesday, March 14, 2018

It's been a productive month for me! I had a rare period of clarity which enabled me to finish the ballad poem that's been bothering me for months and I've written several smaller poems too.

We now have a puppy which is a constant source of distraction and I've been very much absorbed in reading for, and thinking about, my counselling skills course. However, I've been good at sending out submissions and now have a fair number of poems currently at the mercy of  magazine editors.

Poetry-wise I've been returning to some old favourites such as Durs Grunbein - his work never fails to make me smile and think deeply. I am still occasionally chewing on Brigit Pegeen Kelly's The Orchard and find her work is potentially opening up a new small door in my own writing.
I'm not really feeling anchored to a theme / concept to write around at the moment though I get the sense that something is bubbling just below the surface...

No comments: