Monday, November 01, 2021




I was unable to attend a recent launch event at the Scottish Poetry Library for Beyond the Swelkie anthology in celebration of George Mackay Brown so was asked to contribute a video reading of my poem to be played at the event instead and here it is!


It was lovely to receive my contributor copy of Marble Poetry Magazine with a poem in it I wrote about my counselling room! The magazine is  beautifully put together and is filled with poems and reviews, copies can be purchased here.


I've been invited to read my poems to an Edinburgh-based 'Poem and Plant Hunters' group run by artist, Brigid Collins, who is the artist-in-residence at the secret treasure that is Dr Neil's Garden in Edinburgh. 

I've had such a pleasant time looking out 'plant-themed' poems to read and was surprised to see that I have even more flower poems in the manuscript for my new collection than in my previous collections!

4 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Lovely! Poetry is at its most sparkling when spoken aloud and to hear your lilting voice is a bonus. YAM xx

Marion McCready said...

Thank you! Xx

Unknown said...

Hi Marion, just came on your powerful and gorgeous poetry. I have to get your collections asap.Hope I can find them in Irish book shops. Thank you for your gift of poetry.John

Marion McCready said...

What a lovely comment, thank you John!