Thursday, September 04, 2008

At last there is a poetry event I can make it to! Words 2008 is an interactive exhibition taking place in Glasgow next week. I'm going to head up to the city for a panel discussion hosted by Keith Bruce, Arts Editor of The Herald, with Tom Leonard, Anne Donovan, Cynthia Rogerson, Michael Schmidt, Kei Miller and Alan Riach. It should be really good, as well as renowned poets and prose authors Riach, Miller and Leonard; Schmidt is the current professor of poetry at Glasgow Uni as well as the director of Carcanet Press and editor of Poetry Nation Review.

Since April I've sent out six separate poetry submissions and have yet to hear back from any of them. I'm beginning to think there is a poetry submission thief stealing my envelopes just after I post them! Around a month ago I emailed about one of the submissions and was told by the editor that no news is good news, so here's hoping! They are all to print journals as opposed to web zines so I did expect the reply to take longer, but not to hear back from any of them is a bit disconcerting!

4 comments:

Jim Murdoch said...

Now is it not the whiskey tasting the hour before you're really going for? Tell the truth.

Marion McCready said...

lol, I had thought of that but I only like whiskey with irn-bru and somehow I don't think they'll be offering it with irn-bru! Will you be going along to some of the events?

Jim Murdoch said...

I'm afraid not - not quite up to it yet - but do take notes and tell me all about it.

Marion McCready said...

certainly will!