Monday, May 16, 2011

My pamphlet launch has been postponed until sometime next month, hopefully anyone who was thinking of coming along will still be able to make it. It's a bit of a relief really, I've been ill with sickness and colds over the last fortnight and I hope to be in better form by the time the launch comes around.

Also this week is busy enough as it is with my husband - school teacher by term time, animal/man tracker in holiday time - flying off for a few days on a top secret man-tracking mission to be filmed by the BBC!!!

I'm pleased to say that my Ginsberg poem made the cut for Claire Askew's Ginsberg project which means my poem along with 32 others will be printed in an forthcoming chapbook, I hope to make it through to Edinburgh for the launch next month.

Other than that it's been illness and sleepless nights with very little poetry being read or written though I did read through Ted Hughes Letters and Plath's Letters Home, which is always a good read. Keep meaning to pick up Virginia Woolf's diaries, it's always nice to know they are there yet to be read but I really must get around to getting them!

6 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

congratulations on your book being published, sorry you've not been well!

Marion McCready said...

thanks juliet! on the mend now thankfully!

Titus said...

Still looking forward to the launch - it will still be Glasgow? - and hope you are a lot better.
Dare not let husband see Shadowhawk. He will want in.

Marion McCready said...

yep it's definitely going to be in Glasgow, probably at the CCA, we're just trying to get an available date that suits everyone.

that's him been and back from a whirlwind tracking adventure with James May! it keeps him busy and gives me peace to do some poetry...;)

Roxana said...

don't tell me about colds etc :-( it's awful, isn't it. we are better now but i hate those bugs looming out there...

i am very glad about your poem, though...

Marion McCready said...

glad you are all better, sometimes it feels neverending doesn't it?!