Thursday, May 26, 2011

A quick post to say my launch date has now been set (in stone!) for Friday June 17th in the Centre for Contemporary Arts (CCA), Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow.
I'll be reading with Calder Wood Press poet, Geoff Cooper, and there will be music on the Celtic Harp by Pauline Vallance. Can't wait!!

I'm typing from the library - I've had no internet access since Monday's gales blew a tree down on my phone line....disaster!! BT were supposed to send someone out to fix the line today but I'm not banking on it now...

6 comments:

Titus said...

I'm in Innerleithen at noon, but with a helpful husband and in-laws I should be able to make it. Yay!

Jim Murdoch said...

I remember the CCA when it was the Third Eye Centre. Every time I was in the town centre I headed there. My fondest memory was walking in, picking up a copy of a poetry magazine (of which there were loads back then) and finding me in it – I’d never received a contributor’s copy, nor even an acceptance. Such a wonderful feeling. I wanted to walk up to strangers and go, “See! This is me!” I didn’t. That was the only place I ever went to a poetry reading too, in about 1979. Christ I feel old.

Nowadays, even when I’m on Sauchiehall Street, I don’t usually bother with the CCA; it’s gone all posh. So, a nice venue for a class act like yoursel’.

Rachel Fox said...

All the best for June. Too far for me to get there just now...
x

Roxana said...

how i'd love to be there!!! :-(

Marion McCready said...

titus, really hope you can make it, be lovely to meet you in real life :)!!

nice one, jim! I've never been to it, not really sure where it is but I'll be in glasgow on sat so I'll scout it out!

thanks rachel! :) when do you get back from you around the world travels?

roxana, but you will be...in every pamphlet :) now I'm back online and can get your address I'll put one in the post for you tomorrow, so sorry for the delay!

Rachel Fox said...

I get back right at the end of July. Little one goes back to school at the start of P7. I go to bed for a few months.
x