Thursday, May 05, 2011

What a week! We were all sick as dogs for a few days, a really nasty bug going about. But yesterday my copies of Vintage Sea arrived in the post (didn't even feel well enough to blog about it last night!). How amazing to have it in my hands! I went down to my local bookstore and, excitingly, they're going to order a bunch from Colin and stock it! 

I currently have two poems up at the Ink, Sweat & Tears webzine and Michelle McGrane is featuring Vintage Sea on her wonderful poetry blog, Peony Moon

One of the poems, 'Brenhilda', was inspired by The Guga Hunters by Donald S. Murray, which I bought a few months ago on my way back from Lewis. A beautifully written book about a centuries-old Hebridean tradition, a really wonderful read.

6 comments:

Forthvalley scribe said...

Congratulations, Marion - any word of a launch yet?

Marion McCready said...

thanks elizabeth! It's looking like it will be in glasgow on the 21st of this month, still waiting for the venue to be confirmed.

Titus said...

Congratulations! Keep me posted on the launch - the date's in the diary.

I saw a television programme on the guys keeping the Guga tradition alive. God love them, and the islanders, for eating them. Possibly the most unpalatable things I've ever seen.

Marion McCready said...

yes, I don't fancy it meself :) I wish I'd seen the programme.

Roxana said...

congratulations :-) i remember Brenhilda! (what a name, too!)

Marion McCready said...

thankyou :)