Thursday, June 11, 2020

I've lost count how many weeks into lockdown we are. And in some ways that's a good thing, I've finally adapted to and accepted the way life has changed. I know we'll be on our way out of lockdown soon and the changes will stay with us for the foreseeable future.

What I've badly missed is my commuting / travelling time - as a non-driver who lives in little town out of the way; on a weekly basis I'm used to a lot of travelling via boat, train and bus. And I enjoy it! It's my reflective time, my reading time, my jotting down images and thoughts time. I've also missed coffee-shop writing time! The business and bustle around me helps me write at the early stage of working on poems and then when I'm in the pit of the poem I need the peace & quiet and my own space to write it.

I'm delighted to have my poems 'Look to the Crocus' and 'The Complicated Sex Life of Primula...' in this month's issue of Poetry Magazine which you can read here!
I also have a lockdown poem, 'The Solitude Stone' on Andy Jackson's and Bill Herbert's brilliant Postcards from Malthusia series of poems written in response to the pandemic.
And...I have a poem about Spanish orange trees -  'The Orange Trees of Altea' on Atrium Poetry!

2 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
- checking back I see that I commented here at the beginning of my respite - and here I am today, returned to Edinburgh and respite over! You have been more productive than myself in that month... but at least I got rested! YAM xx

Marion McCready said...

Glad to hear you managed to get a rest,Yamini, so important to look after ourselves in this time. Despite appearances I've really not been that productive, poem publications like buses - none for ages then they all come at once! :) Xxx