Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Yippee I'm going to StAnza, a Scottish poetry festival! Well for a day and a half of it anyway!
Some of the speakers I hope to hear are Janice Galloway, Michael Schmidt, Alison Brackenbury and Kenneth White so I'm very much looking forward to it!

My first effort at writing Tanka poems. I've not kept to the 5-7-5-7-7 line syllable structure but tried instead to aim for the spirit of the form.

They weren't written with this pic in mind but do you think they work together?

Geisha Girl by George Henry

3 comments:

swiss said...

this is lovely! i'd find a suitable picture and enterthis week's comp!

kenneth white you say? i may have to see what i'm working and drag myself fifewards for that

Marion McCready said...

thanks, I'm glad you think so, hmm I'll have a look!

An Honest Man said...

I can't comment on the form, but the content is good and yes, it fits to the picture.