Saturday, November 26, 2011


"McCready has the uncanny ability to imbue even the most mundane, common place things with mystical properties"


"This is nature turned mythical and extraordinary, there is an acute awareness of life-cycles, weather patterns and things coming to some kind of fruition or ending. And through it all there is a deep running smouldering sensuality, a delight in the beauty and unpredictability of nature and a sense of place and of rootedness"


"McCready brings a heightened awareness to her subjects that make her poems a joy to read"


Thanks to Julia Webb and Ink, Sweat & Tears for this wonderful review of Vintage Sea which you can read here. I'm over the moon with it!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've updated your author page with this quote.
Colin

Dominic Rivron said...

Great, getting ego-boosts like this, isn't it? And to know that people have found in what you do what is there to be found.

Jose Varghese said...

Congrats! It's well deserved.

Marion McCready said...

thanks colin! and thankyou dominic and aswin, I really appreciate that! :)

Titus said...

As with Aswin! Great review, and certainly deserved. I like the new look too.

Marion McCready said...

thanks titus! it's nice to have a change :)

Julia said...

Just came across your blog Marion - I was glad you liked my review - I really liked your book. I organised a Burns night poetry reading in Norwich where we all read poems by Scottish poets and I read "The Cockle Picker's Wife" - I hope you don't mind!

Marion McCready said...

thankyou julia! I'm delighted you read my poem!!